Sunday, April 26, 2009

It was like watching the playoffs


Saturdays' Red Sox game was an amazing thing to watch (on Fox Sports, so I was able to watch). The Sox were down 6 - 0 to A.J. Burnett and the Yanks, and I thought, "great, I finally get to watch a game, and they are going to get shut out..." The Fox announcers had to keep giving all the stats about how great A.J. Burnett pitches against the Sox.

Then things started... Jason Varitek' grand slam, Mike Lowell's 6 RBI's, and the score went back and forth, back and forth. I could not leave the TV. It was long (over 4 hours). It was at times frustrating (a ground ball thru Dustin Pedoria's legs). But, in the end it was one of the greatest games I have ever seen, and it is only April...

Final score : Boston Red Sox 16 - New York Yankees 11

No comments: