Saturday, May 23, 2009

Volume Wars and Contra Band (featuring Oliver North)

I have a rare day off, and I am having volume wars with Kenny Chesney. In my backyard, I can hear : my stereo, occasional trains, traffic on 71, and a concert at Crew Stadium. The latter has become the most annoying, as this is my day off and I do not wish to hear: a) country music, b) concerts (that I am not mixing), c) Kenny Chesney...

Speaking of Crew Stadium, from their FAQ page :
"Q: What items are prohibited at Crew Stadium?"
"Please review Crew Stadium's Contra Band Control Policy under Stadium Policies to identify items prohibited at the stadium. Security parameters are subject to change at any time."
Contra Band : featuring Oliver North on lead guitar..
Wikipedia : "The English word contraband, reported in English since 1529, from Medieval French contrebande "a smuggling," derived via Italian contrabbando from Latin contra"against" + Middle Latin bannum (from Frankish root ban "a command", as in Italian bando 'law'; also the root of 'banishment'), denotes any item which, relating to its nature, is illegal to be possessed, sold et cetera.

No comments: