Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moya Brennan, Sinead Madden, and why I would move to Ireland...

One of artists I worked with this summer was Moya Brennan from Clannad (and T with The Maggies). I had met her last year at the Dublin Irish Festival where she was filming a PBS special (Music of Ireland), and was struck by her love and appreciation of the bands that were performing, and at the same time time being such a down-to-earth, nice person. And then this year she performed three days on 'my' stage, and I was absolutely blown away. There is something about her music that can make you laugh...and cry, at the same time. I truly can not describe the gamut of emotions her music evokes...

And her band ! An incredible group of musicians, one of who, Sinead Madden, made me smile, dance, laugh...and otherwise act like a fool...but, I could not help it - she was like a ray of sunshine whose smile would melt your heart...( Sinead gave me a copy of her solo CD, Honey Promises, which I have listened to about a million times and think I would be the perfect person to mix it when(!?) she comes to America :)



 

No comments: